Our school community is passionate about ensuring every child experiences success with their learning every day. We are committed to providing high quality services in all that we do. As one of the the first schools in Hervey Bay our school community epitomises the term “Community.” We have provided educational excellence for over 140 years.
To achieve this, our experienced staff display enthusiasm, dedication and high level teaching skills to deliver personalised programs that are responsive to student need and interest.
All students learn in a fully air-conditioned environment.
All students will participate in a rigorous school based assessment and monitoring schedule throughout the year to ensure your child’s academic progress is kept foremost in our minds and informs the teaching and learning process.
Specialised programs to support students with learning difficulties or extend students with gifts and talents are devised and implemented by experienced teachers ensuring that students are challenged and achieving to their potential.
All students will be exposed to a wide variety of extra-curricular and sporting options throughout the school year and these will include:
- Lunch time organised outdoor and undercovered games
- Lunch time clubs: choir, hall games, robotics club, coding club, craft
- Interschool sporting competitions
- Before school swimming, athletics & cross-country training groups
- Regional sporting competitions
- Intra-school carnivals (3/4 and 5/6 Gala Sport Days)
- Swimming and safety programs
- Sporting clinics through Sporting School grants and local partnerships with clubs (Tennis, cricket, AFL, Football (Soccer), Rugby League)
- Camping program for Year 5-6 students.
The following services are offered to our families on a daily basis:
- Email communication between families and Admin staff
- Email communication between families and class teacher
- Centre-link payment plans
- Parent workshops throughout the year regarding: parenting, learning support, cyber safety and E-learning.
Our classrooms and facilities offer refurbished learning environments enriched by the latest in technology. Our staff and students engage with
- interactive whiteboards
- two state of the art Computer Labs
- I-Pads across the school linked to Apple Classroom and Smart Tvs
- beebots in the lower school
- ozebots, coding, lego Mindstorm, Spheros in the middle and upper school
- Video conferencing to speak with experts across the globe & Lego robotics