Classrooms are historical Queensland buildings modernised inside, Modular
Double story, modern buildings that are comfortable and well resourced.
All classrooms have air-conditioning and as we are close to the beach we
experience the beautiful sea breezes.
Teachers create a stimulating environment conducive to active learning.
Parent involvement in the classroom is welcomed.
Classrooms are a safe, disciplined learning environment. All classes have
Interactive whiteboards or Smart TV's that are wireless to Ipads and laptops, to
support the Australian curriculum. The classes have a calm atmosphere and are
surrounded by landscaped gardens and shaded areas.
Specialist taught lessons of Chinese is taught in years 6 and Physical Education
and The Arts (Music, Dance, Drama, Media and Visual Arts) in years Prep to 6. The
school has a dedicated Teacher Librarian, Instrumental Music teachers and
Advisory staff to help support and extend our wonderful students.
- Guidance Officer
- Speech Language/Pathology
- PBL Coach - Better Behaviour Better Learning
- Kindy LinQ
- Extension programs throughout year levels
- Trained Focused and Intensive targeted intervention teachers
- Educational Psychologist
Pialba School Hall
We are very fortunate to have a School Hall which is fully-equipped with
a playing area, kitchen, moveable stage, lighting, sound system, Motorised screen
and data projector.
Covered multi-purpose areas
The school boasts three spacious covered areas used for class lessons as well as
providing a perfect wet weather play space for students.
These covered areas allow the school to have separate play spaces for junior and
senior students as well as separate eating areas in the shade.
- Excellent all-weather, sun safe venue for Physical Education lessons
- play area at first and second breaks
The Art's Centre
A full Music and Instrumental Program, including strings, brass, woodwind and
percussion is offered at Pialba State Primary School. Activities within the arts
provide many varied opportunities for our students to express their creative
needs through participation and performance. Over the 140 years Pialba State
School recorder band, choirs and instrumental and strings ensemble have earned
an excellent reputation in our community through their public performances.
- Modern Arts Double classroom space
- Our students receive the benefits of specialist art's teachers
- Students participate in 60 minute weekly lessons (Years Prep - 6)
- Specialist Instruction in Strings, Brass, Wind, Percussion and Band
- Cultural Concerts
- School Choir
- Involvement in Eisteddfods, choir, music camp and community performances.