Do you have young children aged 2-7 years, whose behaviour is difficult to manage? If so, you may be interested in the Management of Young Children Program (MYCP). This program has been developed and facilitated by staff from Education Qld.
What is MYCP?
MYCP is an individual parenting skills training and support program for parents of children with difficult behaviour.
It is a practical approach aimed at restoring a parent-child relationship which has become imbalanced because the child seeks control through oppositional behaviour.
The aim of the program is that the parent (with some support) is able to master skills in child management which will restore a loving and functional relationship.
Who will benefit?
- Young children who interpret parental requests as a trigger for defiant behaviour (for example: refusing, ignoring, tantrums).
- Young children who appear to require parental attention to an excessive degree.
- Children with special needs are very welcome.
- Parents who are not coping, are worn out or feeling inadequate.
What are the likely outcomes?
- Reduction in the child’s oppositional behaviour.
- Reduction in parent reinforcement of oppositional behaviour.
- Increase in effectiveness of parent directions.
- Increase in positive interaction, praise and task completion.
- Less stress
MYCP team members
All of our team are qualified MYCP Facilitators or Co-Facilitators.
What is Involved?
You will need to attend the centre 2 or 3 times a week for 3-8 weeks. Each session lasts up to 1 hour. The number of weeks required depends upon the needs of the individual family.
FREE—All costs are covered by our schools
Making an appointment
Phone 07 41977743 to make an appointment. MYCP staff will then contact you to discuss the program with you, answer any questions and if appropriate, place you on a waiting list for inclusion into the program.
- “I feel great! In control and totally overwhelmed in my child's behaviour”.
- “I’m a new person and see things different now. MYCP has given me happiness and sanity”
- “I’m much more relaxed. I enjoy being a Mum again because I’m back in control. Anything my child does, I can handle”.
- “This program is great. I do hope it helps other Mums the way it helped me”.
- “Even though my son has been diagnosed with ADHD, he is much calmer now”.